Friday, September 27, 2013

Medical treatment authorization letter

Ms. Elna Woods
Cherwell Drive, Birmingham
West Midlands, B39 0SS
November 29, 2010
Dr. Helen Reed
Head
Cancer Department
Better Life Hospital
Dear Dr. Reed,
I write this letter to get your authorization regarding the treatment of my leukemia.  Dr. Lisa Adams is my attending physician and she has been treating my condition for five years now.  I have already undergone numerous treatments including chemotherapy but these have
failed to prevent my cancer from spreading and worsening.
I have been informed of a new treatment that is in its experimental stage.  I am willing to try the treatment and Dr. Adams required me to get your authorization before pursuing the procedure.  She has already informed me of the risks and possible side effects of the treatment and I have signed pertinent documents regarding the matter.  I will take full responsibility for the outcome of the treatment.

My medical record is enclosed for your reference.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Elna Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...