Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sorry Letter to Mom

Dear Mom,

Mom, I realize that I have driven a spike in between us with my behavior and all I want is to mend the gap and start fresh with you. I value you and all the sacrifices you've made for me throughout my life. However, recently, it has been more important for me to strike out on my own and make mistakes. I realize now how much pain that has caused you. I hope that over time, we can rebuild our relationship as mother and daughter and that over time, we can grow to see each other as equals and talk that way. My main hope is to become an adult who is able and brave enough to support herself in the way that you have. I think that was my hope when I tried to do things in the way I did. I know that, from your perspective, you could see ahead of time how my actions would not yield good results, but sometimes I have to make those mistakes on my own in order to grow. Despite my foolishness, I hope you can forgive me and still help me to try and fail in my endeavors and I will try to not stray so far from the lessons you have taught me. I love you and I hope that I have not hurt you too much as a result of my failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...